Wireless Laptop to TV Connection using Intel WiDi
Eliminate all the video cables, here comes Wireless connectivity between your laptop and television. Intel WiDi or Intel Wireless Display is a new technology from Intel that enables you to view your laptop screen on TV without using cables. Intel WiDi can connect laptops with Intel Chipset and Intel Processors to commnunicate with televisions or adapters equipped with Intel WiDi technology.
The technology is based on WiFi N series which can operate to transfer High Definition 720p and 1080p content between your laptop and television.
The requirements can be quiet long, so be patient to get wireless.
Laptop requirements for Wireless Display to TV
- Laptop with Intel Wireless Adapter which is Wireless N capable. Normally you can look this up in your laptop specifications it would say IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n etc. The n is what we are looking for. IF you dont have wireless N capability in your wifi adapter, this is not going to work. Following Wireless adapters (WiFi cards) are supported:
- Intel Centrino Wireless-N 1000, 1030
- Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6200, 6205, or 6230
- Intel Centrino Wireless-N + WiMAX 6150
- Intel Centrino Advanced-N + WiMAX 6250
- Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300
Intel Processors (Intel Core i Series) Any one of
Intel Core i7: 640M, 660LM, 640LM, 620LM, 620M, 610E, 690UM, 680UM, 660UM, 640UM, 620UM, 660UE, 2710QE, 2820QM, 2720QM, 2635QM, 2630QM, 2657M, 2649M, 2629M, 2620M, 2617M, 2540M, 2520M, 2510E, 2640LM, 2620LM, 2630UM, 2610UM, 2530UM, 2920XM
Intel Core i5: 580M, 560M, 540M, 520M, 480M, 460M, 450M, 430M, 580UM, 560UM, 540UM, 520UM, 470UM, 430UM, 2540M, 2520M, 2410M, 2537M
Intel Core i3: 390M, 380M, 370M, 350M, 330M, 330E, 2310M
Intel HD Graphics works. Investigating whether non Intel graphics like NVidia work. ATI seems to be not supported.
It should run Windows 7 32bit or 64bit.
Before we go into the Hardware requirements of the TV, let us look at the software installations that are required to support Intel WiDi.
Laptop Software requirements
The latest drivers and other software are currently available only for the Windows 7 platform. To download and install them follow the instructions given at Software and drivers for Intel® Wireless Display. In short you should do the following
- Update the wireless N adapter drivers (8.1 MB)
- Update the Video card drivers depending on your video card
- Install the WiDi Software ( 131 MB)
Once you have successfully installed the latest drivers and softwares lets move over to the Television side.
TV or Adapters Hardware
- Intel WiDi capable Television : Currently none of such TV's seem to be available in the market, but adapters are already available which makes use of Wireless N technology and Wireless Display technology to stream content from the laptop to TV wireless.
Intel WiDi to HDMI / Composite output devices
Item (Click to see listing on Amazon) Price Belkin F7D4501 ScreenCast TV Adapter for Intel Wireless Display $129 Netgear PUSH2TV HD PTV2000 1080P Adapter for Wireless Display $99.99 D-Link MainStage TV Adapter for Intel Wireless Display (DHD-131) $99.99
How to set up Wireless Connectivity between laptop and TV
Connect the adapter to TV just like you would connect the laptop to tv using hdmi. or using the Composite to the HDTV.
Intel, Centrino are registered Trademarks of Intel Corporation.31 Oct, 2011
laptop to tv software
setting to pal sony vaio laptop
connect laptop to a lcd tv using a hdmi cable
free intel 8085 simulator
division in intel 8086 assembly
intel 8086 sample assembly program
ubuntu intel wifi drivers 422c
wireless mp3 player
apple wireless headset
wireless hdmi technology