Updating your iPhone to iOS 8 Beta
Apple has released the beta versions for iOS8 and MAC OS X (.10) at WWDC announcement yesterday for developers. To download iOS8 Beta, you must be a registered developer at Apple (or be a part of a team that has developer account).
To download the iOS 8 image update file, goto ios dev center, find your device and download the appropriate image file. The device number should be behind your device.
To install iOS 8,
- First unzip the downloaded file. Connect your iDevice via USB. On iTunes, click the device on top right section. Backup your iPhone to iCloud or the computer. ( DO NOT SKIP THIS STEP ) Now on your iPhone goto Settings > iCloud > Turn off Find my iPhone.
- Now hold down Option (or shift in Windows) and click on Restore iPhone...
- Browse to the file you downloaded and extracted in first step. (It has an extension of ipsw)
- It would take sometime to install and restart your iPhone.
- Now after restart, click Restore Backup.
- Voila welcome to iOS 8
iOS 8 is compatible with the following devices: ( iPhone 4s and up, iPhone 4 support has been dropped)
iPhone and iPod:
- iPhone 5s (Model A1453, A1533) (GSM)
- iPhone 5s (Model A1457, A1518, A1528, A1530) (CDMA)
- iPhone 5c (Model A1456, A1532)* iPhone 5c (Model A1507, A1516, A1526, A1529)
- iPhone 5 (Model A1428)
- iPhone 5 (Model A1429)
- iPhone 4s
- iPod Touch 5th Generation
iPad: (iPad 2 and up)
- iPad Air (Model A1474)
- iPad Air (Model A1475)
- iPad Air (Model A1476)
- iPad mini (Model A1489)
- iPad mini (Model A1490)
- iPad mini (Model A1491)
- iPad (4th generation Model A1458)
- iPad (4th generation Model A1459)
- iPad (4th generation Model A1460)
- iPad mini (Model A1432)
- iPad mini (Model A1454)
- iPad mini (Model A1455)
- iPad Wi-Fi (3rd generation)
- iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (model for ATT)
- iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (model for Verizon)
- iPad 2 Wi-Fi (Rev A)
- iPad 2 Wi-Fi
- iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G (GSM)
- iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G (CDMA)
- WhatsApp is broken when viewing a message containing video / photo.
- Mac OS X Yosemite integrations seems to be broken
- Setting screen back does not work. (Sometimes)
Restore and downgrading back to iOS 7
Repeat the same steps but without backing up when you're on iOS 8, for the iOS 7 image file from the dev center.03 Jun, 2014